Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Potato Tikki/Potato Patties

                                    Potato Patties /Potato Tikki

I would rather call it as cutlets .Tikki means cutlets.Its made of mashed boiled potato with a mix of  spices.This can be categorized under street foods.I am drawing blank for the subject matter of this post.There is so much to write I have pics of dishes that I cooked  still  sitting in the camera's memory card  .But  so much happening around.My work getting crazy and we had to visit  the ER over the weekend for my daughter.On Saturday night she started screaming with pain on her left ear.The next day morning she developed high temperature , I saw signs of infection and we didn't want to wait  for the next weekday and took her to the ER.Yep they confirmed its ear infection and put her on antibiotics.I just wanted to get this simple dish out to you all.Potato Tikki is prepared using boiled mashed potato's mixed with your choice of veggies and spices.I ran out of bread crumbs so substituted with Besan/Chana dal flour.Do try this one.It goes very well with Tea/Coffee.


Potato Patties /Potato Tikki

Ingredients

1.Potato Boiled 2(medium Sized)

2.Garlic 2 Pods(Grated)

3.Ginger 1Tsp(Grated)

4.Green Chilies 2(Minced/Grated)

5.Carrots 1(Peeled and Grated)

6.Cilantro 2Tsp(Chopped)

7.Salt to Taste

8.Turmeric Powder 1/4Tsp

9.Oil for Shallow frying


Method

1.Mash the potato's with a masher without any lumps.

2.In a Wide bowl mix the Mashed potato,Grated carrots,Grated garlic and ginger,Minced green chilies,chopped cilantro ,Turmeric powder .

3.Add the salt to the Potato dough and mix well.


4.Make lemon sized round balls out of the potato dough.

5.Heat a Griddle/Tawa and when it is ready add 1/2 tsp of oil and spread it evenly all over the griddle using a wet paper towel and remove excess oil .This process of thin coating of oil will not make the patties to stick .

6.Take 1 Ball of potato dough ,pat it against the  hands to make round discs.Repeat this with all the Potato balls.

7.Pat both sides of the discs with besan or bread crumbs.

8.Place the discs on the heated tawa and add little oil to its sides.

9.Turn them to the other side to cook.Patties both sides will turn  brown and crunchier .If you want it more crispier can leave it on the griddle for another couple of minutes on both sides.

10.It goes very well with Hot and Sweet Tomato sauce.:):).

Note:
1.While mixing the dough you can boil and add veggies like corn,peas, cabbage anything of your choice.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! yummy tikkis..nice picture Dear..

    Dear, thanks for your message in my blog..let me know what problem you face in my blog..I'l try to fix it at the earliest..also let me know how long have you been facing this problem..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything made of potato .Cutlet with tomato ketchup ..simply divine!!
    Take care of your daughter Maya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I'm new to ur blog. U've a lovely blog.
    I love this tikki... It looks delicious..
    Happy blogging....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my space.Feel free to leave a comment. AMA