Sunday, March 7, 2010

Easy Breezy Pumpkin Ginger Pachdi

                               Easy Breezy Pumpkin Ginger Pachdi

We generally like to have variety at the  table especially lunch during weekends.Another reason there will be extra dishes becoz only during weekends I will have time to think and do an elobrate cooking.During weekdays anything under 30-60 minutes .Usually weekdays will be a keerai kootu,one veggie and rasam or roti and subji  or a thogayal,veggie and rasam or a salad,soup and rasam.Invariably I will make rasam all days since rasam is my last resort to make my daughter have her dinner if she doesn't lik the other ones.But I will give up to rasam only after few efforts.Anyway today's recipe  "Pumpkin  Ginger Pachdi" is a very easy and simple recipe you can make it in 10 minutes with few regular ingredients in hand.Here I go to the recipe.

                                Easy Breezy Pumpkin Ginger Pachdi

Ingredients

1.Yellow Pumpkin 1 Cup Grated

2.Ginger 1Tsp Grated

3.Cocount Oil/Oil 1/2 Tsp

4. Mustard Seeds 1/2 Tsp

5.Redchilies 2

6.Chana dal 1/2Tsp

7.Urad Dal 1/2 Tsp

8.Hing a Dash

9.Yogurt 2Tbsp

Salt to Taste

Method

1.In a kadai/pan heat the Coconut oil/oil and add the seasonings Mustard seeds, Rechiles,Chana dal,Urad dal,Hing .

2.Add the Grated Yellow Pumpkin ,Grated Ginger and Salt

3.Let it cook for about 5 minutes .The cooked sign is when the pumpkin starts turning soft.

4.once the pumpkin is cooked switch off the flame and add the Yogurt.Yep thats all your pachdi is ready.I added 1/2 Tsp raw EV coconut oil at the end ,it added extra flavor.

5.It can be a side dish or we like to have it with hot rice and ghee.

Notes

1.During seasoning you can add curry leaves.

2.Coconut oil adds flavor to any yogurt dishes.You can opt for any oil.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a big fan of yellow pumpkin .I prepare kootu,sambar or kuzhambu .Raita using this is new to me .Sure to try this.Thank u for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thats an unique dish...my Dad use to mention Ginger-pachdi...but we never ever tasted it, this looks wonderful...must have been aromatic:) Thanks for this lovly recipe:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my space.Feel free to leave a comment. AMA