I have been looking for a good paneer mattur recipe for a very longtime.Every time I prepare it is not up to restaurant grade. Recently I concocted something myself which turned out tasty ,creamy as close to restaurant style , we loved it. I was impressed by the creaminess without any usage of heavy cream /malai. Excellent side dish for rotis and goes well with jeera rice.
Preparation Time:10 Minutes
Cooking Time : 20 Minutes
Cubed Paneer 1 cup (Fried / Non fried ones)
Mattur/Peas 2 cups
Oil/Ghee 2 Tsp
Cinnamon 1/2 inch stick
Cumin seeds 1 Tsp
Turmeric ½ Tsp
Red Chili Powder ½ Tsp
Salt to Taste
Milk 1 cup (I used 2% Organic Milk)
Yoghurt 1 cup
Kasuri Methi 1 Tsp (optional)
(Soak the Kasuri Methi in water, so that the methi will separate at the top leaving dirt and grime at the bottom.)
Raisins ½ Tsp
Onion 1 (Chopped)
Ginger ½ Inch
Garlic 2 cloves
Green Chilies 2
Garam Masala A dash
Tomatoes 2 (Puree it separately and set aside)
- Heat the oil/ghee in a Kadai then add cinnamom, clove, cuminseeds, and cardamom.
- Add the Onion paste, turmeric, red chili powder and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Tomato Puree, Saute until all the liquid evaporates and the raw smell of onion, ginger, and garlic evades totally.
- Add the Peas, salt, milk, yoghurt and little water, if needed and leave it to boil.
- When the gravy gets to lightly thickened consistency switch it off.
- Add the Paneer and Garnish with Cilantro and Kasuri Methi.